Sunday, February 10, 2013

Carnevale Again


Carnevale was an interesting experience, even for just the two days that I went. On the first day we took the 10:30 train to Bellinzona and found a Carnevale tent that was full of Franklin students. My friends and I danced for hours and saw many strange things, which are probably typical for Carnevale.

The second night was much different, and I wasn't exactly excited to go. I ended up deciding to go out with my friends on the 10:20 train, which was standing room only. And by standing room only I mean that everyone at Franklin was standing on the train squished together. I noticed that one of my friends wasn't feeling well all of a sudden (he was drunk), and he showed me that he cut open his hands. He was also extremely sick and asked me to take him home when we got to Bellinzona. My friend Sam and I cleaned up his hands, make him drink water, and tried to get him to the platform. By this point our friend didn't want to move so we had to physically carry him onto the train. Carrying him wasn't easy even with both of us, and it turned out that we were on first class when we shouldn't have been. The train staff approached us, I asked them if they spoke Spanish, and I quickly explained to them what was happening. We didn't even have enough train tickets between us three, but they allowed us to be on the train and didn't fine us. They even asked us what they could do to help.

When we arrived back in Lugano we met the RA on duty and she helped us take care of our friend. Eventually we got him all the way back to his room. I'm thankful that I went to Carnevale last night even when I didn't want to; if I hadn't, I wouldn't have been able to help out my friend in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment